You know you’re getting old when your idea of a great New Years Eve is staying at home,
watching some basketball or a movie and staying up for the 9pm fireworks,
then getting to bed way before midnight cause I can’t deal with the lack of sleep these days like I used to.
Party central I know right?
Well that’ll be me tomorrow night.
What about you?
Well if you’re planning to wind the clock back to your hay day and stay up late and throw back a bottle or two of wine I’ve got your back.
This will help you ensure you’re going to enjoy yourself without paying too hard a price on New Years Day.
Just follow this simple formula.
1) Get a quick workout in before you hit the town – like putting money in the bank before a big holiday. You’ll be withdrawing it through the night and you’ve earned a few drinks and some nice food right?
2) Have a game plan – not just whatever happens. If you’re drinking accept that and lock it in to your weekly cheat allocation. If it means a quieter weekend – so be it.
Remember your end goal.
Sure, you can relax a bit at this time of year but if you’ve already done way too much damage over Christmas you may want to wind it back a bit and revert back to the cheat quota.
3) Same goes for food. If you’re at a function where you don’t choose what you eat – go with it. Like I mentioned yesterday – avoid the poison thoughts. Run with it and plan it in.
4) The other option is to fill up before you go on something you can control. That way your damage is limited. Like buying insurance so to speak.
5) Now I’m going to sound like your mum – make sure you drink plenty of water.
Sounds obvious but how many people think about this when they’re out on the turps?
Until you wake up the next day hating the world.
Especially when you’re kids don’t care for a hangover – they just want a piece of you!
CHEAT TIP: After a big day on the drink throw down a hydralite before you go to bed and then again when you wake up in the morning.
Then you can laugh at your partner who has the hangover from hell.
Just break things down and remember – it doesn’t have to be rocket science.
Plan things in, enjoy the good times, then get back to the game plan straight after.
Oh yeah – and go a fast the next day – after all the extra food and drink chances are your body won’t need any extra calories before lunch anyways.
Have a good night!
PS – need to get back on track? Hit reply and let me know that you’re keen for some sessions.
I’ve got small group sessions in Lilyfield 5:40-6:40am and Observatory Hill 7:15-7:45am and possibly a lunch time CBD option if numbers are there 1:15-1:45pm on Wednesdays
Let me know if you’re keen and I’ll drop you a line to see what we can hook up when I’m back at work on Monday 9th Jan.
If you’re keen to get more accurate and biased (cause I know what works!) action points that separate fact from fiction – and what actually work in the real world – turn your email inbox into your number one skinny jeans shapeup & toning resource with the DPM Skinny Jeans Inside Mail