Thought you might need a post Christmas meal idea that doesn’t involve turkey or ham leftovers!
What’s your go to breakfast these days?
That’s if you do eat breaky.
This is one of my faves for when I actually do eat breakfast…
Even Emily loves these – ‘Daddycakes’ she calls them.
And hence the name stuck
DPM Daddy Cakes:
1 for men, 2 for women (or enough for me and Emily to share)
– 1 Banana
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons of nut spread
– Shredded coconut (to be honest I just free pour)
– cinnamon (once again free pour)
– Fresh or frozen berries to taste on top
– (sometimes I add cacao free pour if I feel like chocolate ones)
OPTIONAL: Natural, Greek or Flavoured Yoghurt (so long as it has minimal ingredients)
1) Peel the banana and put into blender
2) Crack egg and put in blender
3) If you want chocolate pancakes add cacao powder otherwise add in outspread, shredded coconut and cinnamon
4) Blend up until smooth
5) Oil pan so batter doesn’t stick (I use coconut oil)
6) Cook on low heat until bubbles appear
7) Flip and repeat on other side
Total Preparation Time:
Approx 7 minutes
This is a great post workout hit or healthy breakfast.
Make sure you have the heat on low so it doesn’t stick before you flip them over.
Give it a go and let me know what you think.
The DPMers who’ve already tried it give it the thumbs up.
(NOTE: It’s also in the Quick Healthy Meals Cookbook which all new clients get when they join
They also get the 3 Day Detox Diet book, which really isn’t a diet (next print run I might change the name to reflect as much!)
PS – need to start the upcoming new year on the right note?
Hit reply and let me know that you’re keen for some DPM action.
I’ve got small group sessions in Lilyfield 5:40-6:40am and Observatory Hill 7:15-7:45am and a lunch time CBD option on Wednesdays
Let me know if you’re keen and I’ll drop you a line to see what we can hook up when I’m back at work on Monday 8th Jan.
If you’re keen to get more accurate and biased (cause I know what works!) action points that separate fact from fiction – and what actually work in the real world – turn your email inbox into your number one skinny jeans shapeup & toning resource with the DPM Skinny Jeans Inside Mail