There was an interesting stat I came across last week – nearly 70% of Americans struggle with sleep at least once a week.
What about you?
How’s your sleep like and has it changed over the last 2 months with the whole lockdown stuff?
Personally, I have good periods and bad periods.
Most of the time I sleep pretty good, but some periods are just a punish and I wake up an hour before my already early alarm and can’t get back cause the mind just goes off on all different tangents.
So with this in mind, if you do struggle, I found an article that lists some foods that may help you get a good nights sleep.
* a small handful of nuts – especially walnuts cause they contain melatonin which helps promote sleep. Almonds are good too cause they have magnesium which helps sleep by reducing stress.
* turkey – one of the amino acids increases serotonin which helps regulate sleep
* cottage cheese or greek yoghurt – they get your mind and body ready for sleep
* bananas for their magnesium content
* herbal teas can help relax your body. My favourite is peppermint but jasmine, lavender or chamomile are also good too – so long as they’re caffeine free
There’s plenty of other foods that are recommended that you can find in the article here.
Let me know if you have tried any of these – or something else – that works for you
Want More Info On Any DPM Training Options?