What’s your go to breaky?
That’s if you do eat breaky.
The one day a week I do eat it this is my go to.
Used to be the good old bacon, eggs, and veggie cook up.
But not anymore.
Still don’t mind a bit of that for a lunch every now and then but this is my go to now.
Even Emily loves these – ‘Daddycakes’ she calls them.
DPM Daddy Cakes:
1 for men, 2 for women (or enough for me and Emily to share)
– 1 Banana
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons of nut spread
– Shredded coconut (to be honest I just free pour)
– cinnamon (once again free pour)
– Fresh or frozen berries to taste on top
– (sometimes I add cacao free pour if I feel like chocolate ones)
OPTIONAL: Natural, Greek or Flavoured Yoghurt (so long as it has minimal ingredients)
1) Peel the banana and put into blender
2) Crack egg and put in blender
3) If you want chocolate pancakes add cacao powder otherwise add in outspread, shredded coconut and cinnamon
4) Blend up until smooth
5) Oil pan so batter doesn’t stick (I use coconut oil)
6) Cook on low heat until bubbles appear
7) Flip and repeat on other side
Total Preparation Time:
Approx 7 minutes
It’ll look like this
This is a great post workout hit or healthy breakfast.
Sometimes the mix will stick so just make ‘smashed pancakes’ if the heat is too high
Give it a go and let me know what you think.
The DPMers who’ve already tried it give it the thumbs up.
(NOTE: It’s also in the Quick Healthy Meals Cookbook which all new clients get when they join (along with the 3 Day Detox Diet book)
PS – need to get back on track? Hit reply and let me know that you’re keen for some sessions.
I’ve got small group sessions in Lilyfield 5:40-6:40am and Observatory Hill 7:15-7:45am and possibly a lunch time CBD option if numbers are there 1:15-1:45pm on Wednesdays
Let me know if you’re keen and I’ll drop you a line to see what we can hook up when I’m back at work on Monday 9th Jan.
If you’re keen to get more accurate and biased (cause I know what works!) action points that separate fact from fiction – and what actually work in the real world – turn your email inbox into your number one skinny jeans shapeup & toning resource with the DPM Skinny Jeans Inside Mail